Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail – More than a Walk

Long ago, in a much shorter time (18 years shorter), I took a five-week hike through Oregon. For at least 8 hours every day I lost my mind and fully engaged in and with my body. The machinery upstairs slowed down so much that one day, stopped at Horse Lake for a breather, I was able to experience something brand new. 


A group of deer visited the lake for a drink and I was able to be present and curious with them beyond anything I knew before. I threw an imaginary ball in front of them and the strangest thing happened… they all jumped.That’s when I started to wonder if “energy” stuff was real. I figured I might as well keep the game going so I tucked myself in the underbrush pinging energy left and right, right and left, and the deer kept responding. They were as present with me as I was with them. Getting out of the familiar, the regular, the box I was then calling my life was where I could access the command I had with energy.

Fast forward to a recent adventure in Australia… I biked Munda Biddi trail. It was a full-speed thrust into the Aussie outback -- 1000 km just me, my bike, and the earth. I don’t remember a lot because there was so much space for me to be me. The real changes happened when I got back to the Perth. As we were driving through a turnabout all the sudden the turnabout wasn’t there and I realized I had straightened out the road.

Sound crazy to you? There was a time in my life that stuff like this seemed way out of the realm of possibilities too. But change is actually easier than you might think. All it takes is space, curiosity and willingness. 

Conscious Adventure Tours (CAT) is a culmination of those energies. It’s about changing the solid realness people strive to have as their lives. It’s about helping people change and step into total fluidity.


Playfully Yours - Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment